If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you’re in the midst of a personal finance journey of your own. You started at a place that you weren’t happy with for some reason (too much debt, unhappy with your living situation, unhappy with your career, etc.) and you’re heading towards a place that seems much more
Yesterday, I mentioned offhand the value of having things on hand to entertain and create special moments for children. Things like this are easy to plan ahead for, easy to bargain hunt for, and can really come in handy on a rainy day or other unexpected event. It can also be useful to have on
Amy writes in: You often talk about investing in bonds. I don’t even understand what bonds are, let alone how to invest in them! Well, let’s start at the beginning. What Is a Bond? To put it simply, a bond is a way for an investor to buy a piece of someone’s debt, usually a
books worth budgeting for
My new book, The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams, is available in bookstores now. Check out some of the life-changing experiences the book has given readers!
Check out my book, 365 Ways to Live Cheap, available in bookstores everywhere! It's filled with 365 great tactics you can apply to your personal finances, from frugal tips to great ideas for managing your money.
Short, downloadable books written by me that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others. Just $2 each.
A series of exercises helping you center your financial life around your own core values.
Thirty one-hour projects you can do to improve your financial situation.
Twenty personal finance and development books, boiled down to three to five pages each.
Download my free 49 page personal finance book, Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance On Just One Page!
Trent’s 14 Money Rules
- 455commentsHomemade Bread: Cheap, Delicious, Healthy, and Easier Than You Think
- 446commentsFrugality and the Impression of Poverty
- 344commentsDeconstructing Robert Kiyosaki
- 336commentsReader Mailbag: Singing Bedtime Songs
- 323commentsAsk Me Anything You Want!
- 301commentsMaking Your Own Laundry Detergent: A Detailed Visual Guide
- 299comments30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows
- 285commentsMeet Matthew
- 275commentsHand-Me-Down Clothes in the Post Hand-Me-Down Era: Consumer Protectionism Gone Too Far?
- 261commentsSix Ideas for Future Directions for The Simple Dollar – Your Thoughts?
- 248commentsTen Dollars, Twenty Minutes
- 242commentsYour Single Best Action For Saving Money