As much as we’d like to believe it, our lives aren’t a smooth journey from point A to point B. Unexpected things happen all the time – we do our best to overcome them and move on, but sometimes “our best” results in some pretty challenging consequences. We revert to old, bad habits. We put
Quite often, you’ll see personal finance writers talk about the big things – the single moves that will save you quite a lot per month. Downgrade your living quarters! Sell that car! Buy a used car! Change your insurance! Those things are flashy because they can save you a lot of money with one action.
I am a big fan of three sports: basketball, baseball, and golf. The next week and a half is perhaps the most exciting period of the year for someone who is a fan of those three sports. The Masters. The men’s and women’s Final Four. The opening of the baseball season. Why do I like
books worth budgeting for
My new book, The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams, is available in bookstores now. Check out some of the life-changing experiences the book has given readers!
Check out my book, 365 Ways to Live Cheap, available in bookstores everywhere! It's filled with 365 great tactics you can apply to your personal finances, from frugal tips to great ideas for managing your money.
Short, downloadable books written by me that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others. Just $2 each.
A series of exercises helping you center your financial life around your own core values.
Thirty one-hour projects you can do to improve your financial situation.
Twenty personal finance and development books, boiled down to three to five pages each.
Download my free 49 page personal finance book, Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance On Just One Page!
Trent’s 14 Money Rules
- 455commentsHomemade Bread: Cheap, Delicious, Healthy, and Easier Than You Think
- 446commentsFrugality and the Impression of Poverty
- 344commentsDeconstructing Robert Kiyosaki
- 336commentsReader Mailbag: Singing Bedtime Songs
- 323commentsAsk Me Anything You Want!
- 301commentsMaking Your Own Laundry Detergent: A Detailed Visual Guide
- 299comments30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows
- 285commentsMeet Matthew
- 275commentsHand-Me-Down Clothes in the Post Hand-Me-Down Era: Consumer Protectionism Gone Too Far?
- 261commentsSix Ideas for Future Directions for The Simple Dollar – Your Thoughts?
- 248commentsTen Dollars, Twenty Minutes
- 242commentsYour Single Best Action For Saving Money