I am frequently asked what my views are on credit cards and their usage. Do I need to have a credit card? Is it okay not to have one? How does one use a credit card in a financially responsible lifestyle? How does a credit card help my overall credit rating? What are some good
Often, when someone decides that they’re ready for a home of their own, they start hitting the real estate listings and looking at houses. In many situations, that’s the best move, particularly if you desire living in a home in a pre-existing neighborhood or in a population-dense area. However, it’s not always the most cost-effective
Each week, I highlight ten things each week that inspired me to greater financial, personal, and professional success. Hopefully, they will inspire you as well. 1. Neil Armstrong Rest in peace. “I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer, born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in steam tables, in love
books worth budgeting for
My new book, The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams, is available in bookstores now. Check out some of the life-changing experiences the book has given readers!
Check out my book, 365 Ways to Live Cheap, available in bookstores everywhere! It's filled with 365 great tactics you can apply to your personal finances, from frugal tips to great ideas for managing your money.
Short, downloadable books written by me that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others. Just $2 each.
A series of exercises helping you center your financial life around your own core values.
Thirty one-hour projects you can do to improve your financial situation.
Twenty personal finance and development books, boiled down to three to five pages each.
Download my free 49 page personal finance book, Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance On Just One Page!
Trent’s 14 Money Rules
- 455commentsHomemade Bread: Cheap, Delicious, Healthy, and Easier Than You Think
- 446commentsFrugality and the Impression of Poverty
- 344commentsDeconstructing Robert Kiyosaki
- 336commentsReader Mailbag: Singing Bedtime Songs
- 323commentsAsk Me Anything You Want!
- 301commentsMaking Your Own Laundry Detergent: A Detailed Visual Guide
- 299comments30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows
- 285commentsMeet Matthew
- 275commentsHand-Me-Down Clothes in the Post Hand-Me-Down Era: Consumer Protectionism Gone Too Far?
- 261commentsSix Ideas for Future Directions for The Simple Dollar – Your Thoughts?
- 248commentsTen Dollars, Twenty Minutes
- 242commentsYour Single Best Action For Saving Money