Perhaps three or four times a week, a reader will email me asking what they should do with a sudden windfall that they’ve inherited, whether it’s from a deceased relative, lottery or gambling winnings, or some other source. Almost always, their goal is to keep the money safe for the short term while also earning
Sarah and I have been members of Sam’s Club since we were in college. It’s the only warehouse club within fifty miles of us. Over the course of a few weeks, we’ll build up a list of items that we need to buy in bulk. Toilet paper. Whole grain bread. Paper towels. Snack bars for
What’s inside? Here are the questions answered in today’s reader mailbag, boiled down to five word summaries. Click on the number to jump straight down to the question. 1. Entertainment expenses and singles 2. Charity receipts 3. Daily shaving 4. Self-interest and self-reliance 5. To-do lists online and off 6. Cheap and healthy travel food
books worth budgeting for
My new book, The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams, is available in bookstores now. Check out some of the life-changing experiences the book has given readers!
Check out my book, 365 Ways to Live Cheap, available in bookstores everywhere! It's filled with 365 great tactics you can apply to your personal finances, from frugal tips to great ideas for managing your money.
Short, downloadable books written by me that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others. Just $2 each.
A series of exercises helping you center your financial life around your own core values.
Thirty one-hour projects you can do to improve your financial situation.
Twenty personal finance and development books, boiled down to three to five pages each.
Download my free 49 page personal finance book, Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance On Just One Page!
Trent’s 14 Money Rules
- 455commentsHomemade Bread: Cheap, Delicious, Healthy, and Easier Than You Think
- 446commentsFrugality and the Impression of Poverty
- 344commentsDeconstructing Robert Kiyosaki
- 336commentsReader Mailbag: Singing Bedtime Songs
- 323commentsAsk Me Anything You Want!
- 301commentsMaking Your Own Laundry Detergent: A Detailed Visual Guide
- 299comments30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows
- 285commentsMeet Matthew
- 275commentsHand-Me-Down Clothes in the Post Hand-Me-Down Era: Consumer Protectionism Gone Too Far?
- 261commentsSix Ideas for Future Directions for The Simple Dollar – Your Thoughts?
- 248commentsTen Dollars, Twenty Minutes
- 242commentsYour Single Best Action For Saving Money