Money has been tight, there’s no doubt about it. The Great Recession has taken its toll. But even before a financial crisis shocked the economy, American wages were stalled. According to the Social Science Research Council, the typical American earned $2,200 less in 2010 than in 2000. And while we all want to pay our bills on time, sometimes...
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Guranteed approval with no credit check.|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Get paid up to 2 days faster with Free Direct Deposit - get your paycheck or benefits checks in your card account and access your funds up to 2 days earlier than payday.
- 100% Guaranteed Approval - upon successful ID verification. No Credit check. No ChexSystems check. And no existing bank account required.
- $0 Activation Fee. No Minimum Balance. No Overdraft fees.
- $15 Bonus with recurring Direct Deposit. Never pay to cash your paychecks and get your pay faster.
- $10,000 balance limit. Your alternative to a traditional bank account. Deposits are FDIC insured.
- Use it everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted and pay anyone with PayAnyone Bill Pay. Shop online, rent a car, pay your rent and more.
- Easy Mobile Account Access and Text Alerts. Get your account balance, transaction details sent to your phone within seconds
- BBB Accredited A+ Company. Excellent Customer Service.
Poor Credit Accepted
- No charge
- As with all prepaid cards, no credit check
- $9.95 monthly fee
- $15 cash bonus when using direct deposit
- $2.50 fee per transaction at US ATMs
- Hefty monthly fee if you don't load the high minimum
- $15.95 check fee for closing account and recouping remaining money
- Users report poor customer service
The Simple Dollar’s Review
For those with little or no credit history, or for those who want the convenience of plastic without the temptation of spending what you don’t have, prepaid cards might be the best option. The AccountNow® Gold Visa® Prepaid Card is a decent prepaid card that could be just what you’re looking for. Many prepaid cards are jam-packed with fees that eat up your hard-earned money. The AccountNow® Gold Visa® Prepaid Card is fairly stable on the extra fees. You won’t get hit with an activation fee, and you’ll have just the standard $9.95 monthly fee. If you use direct deposit with your account, you’ll get a $15 cash bonus.
The downsides of this card are similar to the downsides of all prepaid cards. One particular disadvantage that stands out is the $2.50 ATM fee that’s applicable at US ATMs, no matter which ones they are. While cardholders can get the monthly fee waived, a $2,500 load-up per month is a fairly steep price to pay to avoid this fee. What’s more, should you decide to close your account, and you still have remaining funds in the account, you’ll need to pay $15.95 to recoup your money. Nonetheless, the AccountNow® Gold Visa® Prepaid Card can be a good option for those who are looking for a prepaid card they intend on using often.
Never before has it been so difficult to get approved for a credit card. In the wake of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, banks are tightening their wallets and issuing skyrocketing standards for credit card approval. If your credit rating is low or non-existent, you may feel like a credit card is completely out of reach. Don’t be...