Using a credit card has become second-nature for most Americans. Who carries cash, anymore? But thanks to the popularity of plastic, fraud has flourished. Ten percent of all U.S. citizens have been a victim of credit card fraud, according to the Department of Justice. Worldwide, it's a crime valued at more than $5.5 billion. With so much money at...
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Earning double miles on travel and dining|
|Annual Fee||14.99% – 18.99%* Variable|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Start by earning 20,000 bonus miles if you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 20,000 bonus miles equates to $200 off your next trip!
- 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99% depending upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on travel and dining purchases
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
- No mileage caps or foreign transaction fees
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back)
- Use miles for a statement credit toward any airline purchase to any destination with no seat restrictions and no blackout dates
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits toward flights, cruises, car rentals, hotels and more
- Complimentary one year subscription of TripIt Pro mobile travel organizer – a $49 value
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
Excellent Credit Needed
- 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 months
- 10% rebate on miles redeemed for travel expenses
- 20,000 bonus miles after spending, $1,000 during the first three months
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Rewards system not as lucrative as sister card, Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 2x on All Purchases
- Excellent credit needed
- 4% balance transfer fee
The Simple Dollar’s Review
With the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 1x on All Purchases, you’ll get essentially the same exact perks as it’s variant, Earn 2x on All Purchases, except with three important distinctions.
- This card has no annual fee, as opposed to its sister card’s $89 annual fee after the first year.
- The second important difference is in the title. With the former card, you get 2x miles on all purchases, whereas with this card, you’ll earn 1x miles on all purchases. However, the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 1x on All Purchases card still offers 2x miles on purchases made related to travel. That means that if you use this card primarily to purchase flights, hotel rooms, cruises, etc., you’ll still get the benefit of earning 2x miles.
- The final difference between the two cards is the signup bonus. Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 1x on All Purchases offers 20,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 during the first three months, and the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases offers 40,000 miles. 20,000 bonus miles is the equivalent of $200 spent on travel.
Beyond these differences, all other features of the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 1x on All Purchases are the same as the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases. You’ll have the benefit of earning a 10% rebate on miles redeemed for travel. In other words, if you redeem 25,000 miles for a flight, you’ll get an additional 2,500 miles!
At the end of the day, choosing between Barclay’s Arrival cards comes down to personal preference. They’re both excellent travel rewards cards. It all just depends on whether you’d prefer an annual fee with a more lucrative miles system, or no annual fee with the ability to earn fewer miles on all purchases.
There are 1.5 billion credit cards in use in the United States. Nearly 180 million of us pull out a card to make purchases, with an average of 3.5 active cards per person. All that plastic flying around facilitates more than convenience — with the right cards, regular use can add up to major rewards. With so many credit...
Similar Credit Cards
- Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit Apply Now
- Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Credit Card Apply Now
- The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® Apply Now
- The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® Apply Now
- Williams-Sonoma Visa Signature® Card Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 2x on All Purchases Apply Now