While many of us are working harder to pay down debt, stick to a budget, and boost our savings, a better strategy would be start on the path to financial health earlier – before we got ourselves into a right mess. According to government data, consumer debt in the U.S. totals out at an alarming $11.19 trillion. The average U.S....
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Earning travel rewards with no mileage caps|
|Annual Fee||14.99% – 18.99%* Variable|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles if you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 40,000 bonus miles equates to $400 off your next trip!
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- No mileage caps or foreign transaction fees
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back)
- Use miles for a statement credit toward any airline purchase to any destination with no seat restrictions and no blackout dates
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits toward flights, cruises, car rentals, hotels and more
- Complimentary subscription to TripIt Pro mobile travel organizer – a $49 annual value!
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
Excellent Credit Needed
- Excellent sign up bonus
- Two reward miles for every dollar in purchases, plus 10% back upon redemption
- Miles can be redeemed for any airline, hotel, or, rental car
- $89 annual fee
The Simple Dollar’s Review
The Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases is in many ways, a world traveler’s dream card. For one, the signup bonus is one of the most impressive bonuses in the industry. If you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months, you’ll get 40,000 bonus points, which is the equivalent of $400 off on your next trip. The points/miles system itself has several interesting features. For one, you’ll get 2x miles on all purchases. You’ll also receive a 10% rebate on any and all miles redeemed for travel. To sweeten the deal even more, the card has no caps on miles earned and no blackout dates or other travel restrictions.
The Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases is best used as a card for travel expenses, considering it’s focus on travel rewards, it’s lack of foreign transaction fees, etc. As a cash back card, it’s less than stellar. If you redeem your miles for rewards that aren’t travel related, like for gift cards or statement credits, you’ll be getting about half a cent for every mile — way below the industry standard of 1 cent per mile. Another disadvantage of the this card is it’s annual fee of $89 that kicks in after your first year of use.
Don’t forget that this card is a World MasterCard, a premium brand of credit card that comes with tons of standard perks, including travel accident insurance, car rental insurance, trip protection, and more.
You first started stoozing at work. Then your boss caught you. You thought you were going to be fired, until he said he wanted to watch. Late one night you were stoozing at home. You thought your wife was in bed, asleep – but she wasn't. She caught you, too. At first you thought she would be mad, but then...
Similar Credit Cards
- Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit Apply Now
- Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Credit Card Apply Now
- The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® Apply Now
- The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® Apply Now
- Williams-Sonoma Visa Signature® Card Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 1x on All Purchases Apply Now