It's often hard to believe your credit card bill actually reflects the amount of money you've spent. "How did I spend so much?" you ask yourself. While unrecognized charges may very well be forgotten shopping sprees, that's not usually the case. If something looks fishy on your bill, it's worth investigating. Perhaps that $400 dinner has one too many zeroes....
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Helping students build good credit history.|
|Annual Fee||12.99% – 21.99%* Variable|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Fair...No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Plus, pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And paying late won’t increase your APR.*
- Generous...5% cash back in categories that change throughout the year up to the quarterly maximum with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases.*
- Human...talk to a real person any time with 100% U.S.-based service.
- Safe...Because you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- Plus, free FICO® Credit Score on your monthly statement to help you stay on top of your credit.*
- 0% intro APR* on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 12.99% - 21.99%.*
- *Click “Apply" to see rates, rewards free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information.
Fair Credit Needed
- Excellent 0% introductory APR
- No late fee for first late payment
- No APR hike for any late payments
- Simple, with no hidden fees
- Rewards program not as strong as others
- No signup awards bonus
The Simple Dollar’s Review
Very similar to the Discover it®, this card offers perks with special relevance for students: you can set you payment due date to any day of the month and you won’t get fined or see your APR increase the first time you miss a payment – key benefits for a first-time card user. Be aware, however, being late on a payment by 60 days or more will always hurt your credit score.
You will also get your first six months with no interest on purchases. This is about a month less than other student cards, but it should be plenty of time to learn that you should never carry a balance from month to month. If you do, you’ll be paying the 12.99% to 18.99% APR on everything you purchase.
Last but not least, Discover’s cash-back Concierge service will help you figure out how to make the most of credit card reward programs. Give them a call anytime to figure out how to best earn and redeem the 1% cash-back on all credit card purchases, as well as the 5% cash-back on purchase categories that change every three months, such as gas, dining, and holiday shopping.
You’re a student. It’s a time of self-discovery, education, and new-found independence. Part of taking those first, brave steps into adulthood is learning to manage your own finances. Getting a credit card is crucial for building a good credit history and learning to spend wisely. But as you apply for your first card, you may find yourself in a minor...
Similar Credit Cards
- Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit Apply Now
- Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Credit Card Apply Now
- The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® Apply Now
- The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® Apply Now
- Williams-Sonoma Visa Signature® Card Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 2x on All Purchases Apply Now