Before you finalize that credit card application, stop to read the fine print. Remember, credit card companies are businesses first and foremost. No matter how customer-friendly they are, their prime objective is to make a profit. Part of the way they do that is through fees. Does your credit card charge any fees you don’t know about? The answer may...
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Cash back rewards in revolving categories like dining, travel or gas.|
|Annual Fee||10.99% – 22.99%* Variable|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Plus, pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And paying late won’t raise your APR.*
- Generous. 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases for Online Shopping through December 2013 with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases.*
- Human. 100% U.S.-based customer service available any time.
- Safe. Because you’re never responsible for unauthorized charges with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- Plus, free FICO® Credit Score on your monthly statement to help you stay on top of your credit.*
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
- *Click “Apply" to see rates, rewards free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information.
Excellent Credit Needed
- Simple rewards scheme: unlimited 1% cash-back on everything
- Excellent customer service
- 14-month 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction, over-limit or annual fees
- Not accepted in quite as many places as Visa or Mastercard, especially overseas.
- No signup rewards bonus
The Simple Dollar’s Review
The flagship card for Discover, the Discover it® offers some of the best rewards and perks in the industry. Best of all, it’s simple. With no annual fees or hidden penalties and unlimited 1% cash-back on every purchase, Discover it® offers great benefits and no hassle for the average consumer. Plus, if you are interested in maximizing your rewards, you can sign up for five times more cash-back in different purchase categories each quarter.
In the past Discover has earned the unfortunate reputation of not being widely accepted by retailers. As recently as 2007, Discover could only be used at 77% of North American businesses that accepted credit cards. Lately, this has changed, with 90% of those businesses now taking Discover. While the card is making great gains in its acceptance rate abroad as well, be sure to check the Country Acceptance Map before travelling overseas.
When it comes to customer service, however, Discover has long been ahead of the competition. If you dial the 24/7 customer service line, you’ll have the option of speaking with an account manager.
Lastly, while it doesn’t offer as many frills as some cards out there, you get 14 months of 0% APR when you sign up. So if you want a reliable and straightforward card with a decent rewards program, Discover it® makes for a good choice.
If you just received notice that your credit limit has been slashed on one of your credit cards, don't panic. You're not alone. And it's not something you should take personally — even rockstar, top-tier borrowers have seen their limits lowered in recent years. It's frustrating, especially if you rely on your credit card for regular purchases or in...
Similar Credit Cards
- Barclaycard® Ring MasterCard® Apply Now
- Barclaycard® Ring MasterCard® - 1% Back on Balance Transfers Apply Now
- Discover it® Apply Now
- First Progress Platinum Prestige MasterCard® Secured Card Apply Now
- U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card Apply Now
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card Apply Now