It’s summer, which means that many of us are packing up our bags and heading for the hills (or the beach, or the museums). The last thing you want to worry about is your credit card. Unfortunately, all too many of us face hassles with credit card security while traveling — especially during trips abroad. These problems can range from...
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Travel rewards and low introductory rates|
|Annual Fee||15.99% or 24.99%* Variable|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Earn up to 50,000 award miles with qualifying transactions!
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- With 50,000 award miles you can redeem for a round-trip award flight to Hawaii, Europe or the Caribbean!
- Cardholders receive a Companion Ticket annually
- Enjoy 2 award miles per $1 on Miles & More integrated airline ticket purchases and 1 award mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- No mileage expiration with monthly qualifying purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Excellent Credit Needed
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months
- Up to 50,000 miles sign-up bonus
- Annual companion ticket
- Earn 2 award miles for every dollar spent on purchases with qualifying airlines
- Earn 1 award mile for every dollar spent on anything else
- $79 annual fee
- Companion ticket has limits and is subject to taxes and other fees
- High APR after intro period is over (15.99%-24.99% variable)
- 4% balance transfer fee
The Simple Dollar’s Review
The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® could be a lucrative option for cardholders chasing travel rewards. This particular card’s rewards program is affiliated with Lufthansa, SWISS, and Austrian Airlines, so if you often fly to Europe for work or leisure, this might be just the card you’re looking for. First off, the card offers one of the most generous signup bonuses in the industry — you’ll get 20,000 miles right off the bat with your first purchase, and you’ll receive an additional 30,000 miles if you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days. Although $5,000 might seem like a lot, all you need to do is purchase two to three roundtrip European flights, and you’ve already made the cut.
In addition to earning two miles for every dollar spent on qualifying airfare or travel purchases, you’ll also earn one mile for every dollar spent on anything else. After a year is up, you’ll also be rewarded with a companion flight ticket in economy class. Most roundtrip flights to Europe fall between $1,000 and $2,000. A companion ticket isn’t completely free — you’ll be subject to taxes and other fees, which normally comes out to roughly $500-600. That means you and a loved one can fly once a year together and save $1,000 or more!
Now for the bad news. This card does charge a pretty hefty annual fee of $79, a bit higher than the industry standard. It also levies a 4% balance transfer fee, whereas most comparable cards charge only 3%. After the intro period is over, the APR on purchases and balance transfers shoots up to anywhere between 15.99% and 24.99%. At the same time, however, if you plan on paying off your bill in full each month, this Barclay’s issued card allows you to rack up tons of miles pretty quickly.
From a street view, a credit union looks just like a bank: rows of teller windows, convenient drive-through lanes and attractive lobbies. But hidden within those walls are some key differences that clearly separate credit unions from banks. Yet credit unions still remain a mystery to many American consumers. That seems to be changing. Ever since the financial crisis led...
Similar Credit Cards
- Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit Apply Now
- Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Credit Card Apply Now
- The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® Apply Now
- Williams-Sonoma Visa Signature® Card Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 2x on All Purchases Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 1x on All Purchases Apply Now