Using a credit card has become second-nature for most Americans. Who carries cash, anymore? But thanks to the popularity of plastic, fraud has flourished. Ten percent of all U.S. citizens have been a victim of credit card fraud, according to the Department of Justice. Worldwide, it's a crime valued at more than $5.5 billion. With so much money at...
|Signing Promotion||Great For: Free online shipping for Williams-Sonoma purchases and no annual fee.|
|Annual Fee||13.74% – 21.74%* Variable|
|Intro APR Promotions||
- Receive 2,500 bonus points upon your first purchase
- Enjoy free Online Shipping
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Williams-Sonoma
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent everywhere else
- Earn $25 Gift Card bonuses or statement credits
- Exclusive access to culinary experiences around the world
- Plus no annual fee
- Please see terms and conditions for complete detail
Excellent Credit Needed
- 2,500 bonus points after first purchase
- No annual fee
- Generous points system
- 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 months
- Points expire after five years
- 3% balance transfer fee during promotional period. 4% fee after promo period is up
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- High 13.74%-21.74% APR (variable)
The Simple Dollar’s Review
Store-branded cards don’t always offer the best terms. The Williams-Sonoma Visa Signature® Card, however, is a little different. For one, it’s got an excellent rewards program, offering 2,500 bonus points just after making your first purchase. You’ll earn three points for every dollar spent at Williams-Sonoma, a national chain of stores selling cookware, cooking utensils, and kitchen decor products, plus one point for every dollar spent anywhere else. If you hook up your card to bridal registry through Williams-Sonoma, you’ll get an additional three points for every dollar someone else spends for you on wedding gifts at W-S. For every 2,500 points you earn, you’ll get either $25 in statement credit or a $25 Williams-Sonoma gift card. You’ll also get free shipping for an entire year when you shop at Williams-Sonoma online.
The drawbacks of this card are limited. For one, the balance transfer fee is a standard 3% during the introductory period offering 0% APR on balance transfers. However, after the period is over, the balance transfer fee is increased to 4%, which is a bit higher than most credit cards. If you intend on carrying a balance on the card, expect to pay quite a bit in interest — 13.74% to 21.74%, depending on creditworthiness. All in all, however, if you’re a big Williams-Sonoma fan, you can’t beat this store credit card.
Money has been tight, there’s no doubt about it. The Great Recession has taken its toll. But even before a financial crisis shocked the economy, American wages were stalled. According to the Social Science Research Council, the typical American earned $2,200 less in 2010 than in 2000. And while we all want to pay our bills on time, sometimes...
Similar Credit Cards
- Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit Apply Now
- Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Credit Card Apply Now
- The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® Apply Now
- The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 2x on All Purchases Apply Now
- Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 1x on All Purchases Apply Now