For those of you wondering what’s going on, The Simple Dollar’s traffic has been escalating like crazy since its inception and it finally got to be too popular for my hosting plan to handle, resulting in the site’s severe downtime in the last 18 hours or so. I have worked out a temporary solution so that you can see almost all of the content, but things aren’t 100% at the moment. Anyway, while I work out other arrangements, please bear with me. I hope to have The Simple Dollar up and going just like it was before very long. If you would be willing to sponsor The Simple Dollar on a dedicated hosting solution (or have other suggestions), please send proposals to trent at thesimpledollar dot com. Again, my apologies for the downtime.
books worth budgeting for
My new book, The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams, is available in bookstores now. Check out some of the life-changing experiences the book has given readers!
Check out my book, 365 Ways to Live Cheap, available in bookstores everywhere! It's filled with 365 great tactics you can apply to your personal finances, from frugal tips to great ideas for managing your money.
Short, downloadable books written by me that you can save to your computer, print out, and share with others. Just $2 each.
31 Days to Fix Your Finances
A series of exercises helping you center your financial life around your own core values.
the one hour project
Thirty one-hour projects you can do to improve your financial situation.
twenty big ideas
Twenty personal finance and development books, boiled down to three to five pages each.
Download my free 49 page personal finance book, Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance On Just One Page!
Trent’s 14 Money Rules
- 455commentsHomemade Bread: Cheap, Delicious, Healthy, and Easier Than You Think
- 446commentsFrugality and the Impression of Poverty
- 344commentsDeconstructing Robert Kiyosaki
- 336commentsReader Mailbag: Singing Bedtime Songs
- 323commentsAsk Me Anything You Want!
- 301commentsMaking Your Own Laundry Detergent: A Detailed Visual Guide
- 299comments30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows
- 285commentsMeet Matthew
- 275commentsHand-Me-Down Clothes in the Post Hand-Me-Down Era: Consumer Protectionism Gone Too Far?
- 261commentsSix Ideas for Future Directions for The Simple Dollar – Your Thoughts?
- 248commentsTen Dollars, Twenty Minutes
- 242commentsYour Single Best Action For Saving Money