The Simple Dollar Weekly Roundup: Baby Tick Tock Edition

My wife is literally due any day now. She’s no longer working as per her doctor’s request – instead, she’s staying at home, resting a lot, and doing some “nesting”-type activities to get ready for the child’s arrival.

I can’t wait.

Photographing Children- Portraits After my recent mention of expensive child photography in a reader mailbag, another thoughtful reader sent along this great article on planning your own photography. The only thing I would miss, quite honestly, are the class photos. We actually do this type of thing for many family photos and other such things. (@ more style than cash)

Are You an Over-Buyer or an Under-Buyer? It depends on the item. I tend to underbuy until I understand intimately what I’m buying and why, at which point I sometimes overbuy. (@ happiness project)

Job satisfaction: A study in favor of an uncluttered, detached career This is a really fascinating study that seems to indicate that job satisfaction is tied to the ability to detach yourself from your work when you need to. I’ll say that when I couldn’t do this, I was much less happy than I am now that I’m able to do so. (@ unclutterer)

It All Boils Down to Responsibility I don’t necessarily think it’s an “evil” thing for adult children to receive money from their parents. However, if that money is enabling them to live an unsustainable lifestyle, that child is going to have some incredibly serious problems if the gravy train goes away. (@ one frugal girl)

If you enjoyed reading this, sign up for free updates!

Loading Disqus Comments ...
Loading Facebook Comments ...

8 thoughts on “The Simple Dollar Weekly Roundup: Baby Tick Tock Edition

  1. SMG says:

    The refernce to “nesting”-type activities” was very cute!

  2. Maureen says:

    I’m sure Sarah can’t wait either! The home stretch is pretty exhausting. Wishing her a safe and easy delivery!

  3. Lindsay says:

    Hope all goes well with your new bundle coming any day!!!

  4. Hmmm…that article about photographing children for portraits would have been wayyyy more compelling with some examples.

  5. Also, congrats on the impending arrival of the new little one! Hope all goes well.

  6. Jules says:

    Photography: 90% of any photography is knowing what you want to see. The other 10% is figuring out how to get it.

  7. Joan says:

    Did you mention in any of the posts whether you are expecting a boy or girl and I just miss it? I bet the other children are excited about the new baby and also having mom home. Waiting patiently for the announcment of the arrival of your bundle of joy. wishing a quick, easy, safe delivery.

  8. SLCCOM says:

    May Sarah’s labor be easy, and may your joy be a thousand times what you expected!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>