Best Credit Cards for Movers in 2018Furnish your new home with 0% interest, earn rewards, and get more time to pay.
From appliances to furniture and packing services, moving expenses can add up quickly. But you can save big (and rack up rewards while you’re at it!) with the right credit card. Our favorite cards for financing a move feature extra-long 0% intro APR, intro bonuses, and rewards programs to put money back in your pocket.
The cards on our list also offer extended 0% intro APR on balance transfers, so they can help with any moving expenses you’ve charged to your other accounts. When you transfer your balance from a high-APR card to one of our top picks, you’ll stop interest payments immediately and get more time to pay. Compare our favorite cards below, then apply online today to start saving.
Best signup bonusDiscover it® Balance Transfer
5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No annual fee.
Our two cents
You’re looking for a well-rounded card with an impressive signup bonus, cash back, and ultra-long 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
- Transfer balances from cards with high APRs. You’ll get a whopping 18 months at 0% intro APR to pay them off interest-free (then ongoing 13.74% – 24.74% Variable APR).
- Planning a large purchase? Make it soon after opening your account and pay it off during the 6 month 0% intro APR period.
- Use your Discover account to monitor your FICO® Credit Score for free.
Balance transfers are subject to a 3% fee. Note the 0% intro APR period, too—it’s 18 months for balance transfers but 6 months for purchases (after both introductory periods end, ongoing APR is 13.74% – 24.74% variable). Pay off as much as you can during the intro APR period to avoid interest payments at the ongoing APR.
The Discover it® Balance Transfer offers one of the longest 0% intro APR periods on balance transfers (18 months!) plus 6 months of 0% intro APR on purchases (then ongoing 13.74% – 24.74% Variable APR for both intro periods). Its rewards program offers generous 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, 1% unlimited cash back automatically on all other purchases—and cash back match at the end of your first year.Start your application now Back to top
Best for everyday purchasesBlue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets; 2% at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores; 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%).
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.74% to 25.74%.
- Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- No annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Our two cents
You want to earn cash back on everyday purchases while you save on interest.
- Plan to make any large purchases soon after opening the card, and pay them off during the intro APR period.
- Transfer balances that are subject to high interest rates; budget to pay them off during the intro APR period.
- Keep this card after you pay off your balance to earn extra cash back at U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations.
Balance transfers are subject to a fee of 3% or $5, whichever is greater. 3% cash back is capped at $6,000 per year at U.S. supermarkets; after that, you’ll earn 1%.
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our rankings and recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view a list of partners, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser's page for terms & conditions.