Best Credit Cards for Movers in 2019Furnish your new home with 0% interest, earn rewards, and get more time to pay.
Independently researched content by us. Free financial advice for you. To do that, we may get compensation when you click on our partners’ products. Our lists consist of the best cards from our partners. Not all cards in the marketplace have been evaluated. View our full advertiser disclosure to learn more.
From appliances to furniture and packing services, moving expenses can add up quickly. But you can save big (and rack up rewards while you’re at it!) with the right credit card. Our favorite cards for financing a move feature extra-long 0% intro APR, intro bonuses, and rewards programs to put money back in your pocket.
The cards on our list also offer extended 0% intro APR on balance transfers, so they can help with any moving expenses you’ve charged to your other accounts. When you transfer your balance from a high-APR card to one of our top picks, you’ll stop interest payments immediately and get more time to pay. Compare our favorite cards below, then apply online today to start saving.
Best signup bonus
Discover it® Balance Transfer
5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- No annual fee.
Our two cents
You’re looking for a well-rounded card with an impressive signup bonus, cash back, and ultra-long 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
- Transfer balances from cards with high APRs. You’ll get a whopping 18 months at 0% intro APR to pay them off interest-free (then ongoing 13.74% - 24.74% Variable APR).
- Planning a large purchase? Make it soon after opening your account and pay it off during the 6 month 0% intro APR period.
- Use your Discover account to monitor your FICO® Credit Score for free.
Note the 0% intro APR period, too—it’s 18 months for balance transfers but 6 months for purchases (after both introductory periods end, ongoing APR is 13.74% - 24.74% Variable). Pay off as much as you can during the intro APR period to avoid interest payments at the ongoing APR.
The Discover it® Balance Transfer offers one of the longest 0% intro APR periods on balance transfers (18 months!) plus 6 months of 0% intro APR on purchases (then ongoing 13.74% - 24.74% Variable APR for both intro periods). Its rewards program offers generous 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, 1% unlimited cash back automatically on all other purchases—and cash back match at the end of your first year.Start your application now Back to top
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our rankings and recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view a list of partners, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser's page for terms & conditions.