We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. Our goal is to help you make smarter financial decisions by providing you with interactive tools and financial calculators, publishing original and objective content, by enabling you to conduct research and compare information for free – so that you can make financial decisions with confidence. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which TheSimpleDollar.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. The Simple Dollar does not include all card/financial services companies or all card/financial services offers available in the marketplace. The Simple Dollar has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, Capital One, Chase & Discover. View our full advertiser disclosure to learn more.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
If the idea of a quiet dinner at home doesn’t interest you, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card may be the perfect card for you. Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is aimed towards people who spend their time and money out on the town, and offers supersized rewards with no annual fee.
You’ll earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases, plus get access to exclusive Capital One events and experiences. With an easy-to-earn sign up bonus, Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card will earn you cash back for every meal and event.
What we like about the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Great rewards: 3% cash back on dining and entertainment purchases, 2% back at grocery stores and 1% back on all other purchases
- No annual fee: Keep more money in your pocket
- Easy-to-earn sign up bonus: You’ll earn a $200 cash bonus once you spend $500 on purchases in any category within the first three months from account opening.
- Intro APR offer: 0% interest for the first 15 months on purchases, then 15.49% - 25.49% (Variable) APR after that.
- Exclusive access: As a Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card cardholder, you’ll have VIP access to various food and entertainment events throughout the year
Things to consider
- Rewards weighted for dining and entertainment: The card’s value comes from its 3% cash back on dining and entertainment purchases. For all other purchases, you can find cash back card with a better rewards rate, like the Citi® Double Cash Card. If you don’t eat out that often, you’ll either want to supplement this card with another rewards card or skip it altogether.
- Low sign up bonus: While the $200 new cardmember bonus is easy to earn (after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening) and on par with several other cash back cards, it’s not something to write home about.
Dining and entertainment cash back details
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is a worry-free card for people who want to earn rewards for their dinners, Sunday brunches and matinee movies without paying an annual fee.
If you spend quite a bit in the dining and entertainment categories each month, this card is hard to beat. You’ll earn 3% cash back on all dining and entertainment purchases, 2% back at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. You’ll also earn $200 cash back when you spend $500 on purchases in any category within three months of your account opening. Your rewards never expire as long as your account is open, and there’s no limit on the amount you can earn each month.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card’s cash back rewards allow you ultimate flexibility in how you redeem them. You can redeem your Savor rewards in the Capital One app for gift cards, a statement credit or for a purchase made with your Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card. On Capital One’s website, you’ll also have the option to redeem your points as cash. If you choose the cash option, Capital One will mail you a check for the value of your redeemed points.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card fees
One of the card’s biggest perks is that there is no annual fee, but it does have competitive fees for its category. This card has no foreign transaction fees and up to a $40 late payment fee.
How does it compare to other cash back cards?
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card leads the pack for category-specific cash back cards, considering it has no annual fee. If you don’t spend enough money on dining and entertainment purchases.
|Card||Ongoing Purchase APR||Annual Fee||Intro Bonus||Credit Needed||Key features|
|Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card||15.49% - 25.49% (Variable)||$0||$200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening||Good to Excellent|
|Discover it® Cash Back||See Terms||See Terms||Discover will match all the cash back you earn at the end of your first year||Good to Excellent|
Please Note: Information about the Chase Freedom®, Discover it® Cash Back and Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by TheSimpleDollar.com. The issuer did not provide the details, nor is it responsible for their accuracy.
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view our disclosures, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser’s page for terms & conditions.