We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. Our goal is to help you make smarter financial decisions by providing you with interactive tools and financial calculators, publishing original and objective content, by enabling you to conduct research and compare information for free – so that you can make financial decisions with confidence. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which TheSimpleDollar.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. The Simple Dollar does not include all card/financial services companies or all card/financial services offers available in the marketplace. The Simple Dollar has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Capital One, Chase & Discover. View our full advertiser disclosure to learn more.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card Review
What we like about Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- 3x bonus categories: You’ll earn 3x points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent in specific categories, plus 1x point per dollar on all other purchases
- Big sign up bonus: New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Flexible rewards: You can redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel through Chase’s online portal, technology purchases through Apple Ultimate Rewards or you can transfer them to one of Chase’s partner travel programs.
- No foreign transaction fees: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is the perfect card for businesses that require travel to work all around the world.
- No fee for employee cards: Add employee cards to your account for no additional fee, keeping your team all under one account as your business grows.
Things to Consider
- Limited bonus category rewards: If your business spends more than $150,000 per year in the bonus categories, you’ll only earn 1x point per dollar on everything after you cross that limit.
- Annual fee: While the annual fee is only $95,it still exists. If you prefer to avoid annual fees completely, the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card would be a better fit for you.
- Weighted towards travel: The rewards for the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card have the best value when you use them for travel.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card ultimate Rewards details
With this card, you’ll earn 3x points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services and advertising purchases on social media sites and search engines, plus 1x point per dollar on everything else. If you take into consideration the intro bonus offer that could be worth up to $1,000, there are a lot of incentives to use your card heavily in the first three months.
You can take advantage of your Ultimate Rewards points in the way that best fits your business. For travel rewards, points transfer at a 1:1 ratio to Chase’s travel partners, including more than a dozen airlines and hotels like IHG Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy and World of Hyatt. Alternatively, you can purchase travel directly through the Ultimate Rewards portal where your points are worth 1.25 cents per point.
For a slightly lower rate of one cent per point, you can redeem your Ultimate Rewards points for cash back either as a direct deposit to your payment account or as a statement credit. If you would like to use your points to make non-travel purchases, you can shop directly through the Ultimate Rewards site for gift cards, where your points are also worth one cent per point.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card fees
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has an annual fee of $95 every year the card is active. Other fees you might incur are balance transfer fees of either $5 or 5% (whichever is greater) and cash advance fees of $15 or 5% (whichever is greater. If you make a late payment or your payment is returned, you’ll also incur a $39 late payment or returned payment fee. This card has no foreign transaction fees.
How does it compare to other business rewards cards?
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is a great option for small businesses that want to earn flexible rewards for their spending. However, if you’re likely to put $50,000 on your business credit card in the first six months after account opening, the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business will earn you a huge intro bonus that you can use for company travel, with the added benefit of no annual fee for the first year. Larger businesses who don’t mind paying a higher annual fee may like the added features of the American Express® Business Gold Card, which connects directly to QuickBooks and rewards you with 4x Membership Rewards points in your top two categories every month.
Please Note: The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is currently unavailable through our site.
|Card||Ongoing Purchase APR||Annual Fee||Intro Bonus||Credit Needed||Key features|
|Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||15.99%–20.99% variable||$95||New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®||Good to Excellent||3x points on up to $150,000 in combined purchases on travel, shipping, internet, cable and phone and online advertising as well as 1x point per dollar on all other purchases; Flexible points redemption; Free employee cards|
|Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business||20.99%||$0 intro for the first year, $95 thereafter.||Earn a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles – equal to $500 in travel – once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening||Good to Excellent||5x miles on hotels and rental cards and unlimited 2x miles on all other purchases; Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit; Free employee cards|
|American Express® Business Gold Card||14.24% - 22.24% Variable (See Rates & Fees here )||$295 (See Rates & Fees here )||Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first three months. Terms Apply.||Good to excellent||4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month and 1X is earned for other purchases. **; Free employee cards; Expense management tools. Terms Apply.|
For rates and fees of American Express® Business Gold Card, please click here .
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view our disclosures, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser’s page for terms & conditions.