We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. Our goal is to help you make smarter financial decisions by providing you with interactive tools and financial calculators, publishing original and objective content, by enabling you to conduct research and compare information for free – so that you can make financial decisions with confidence. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which TheSimpleDollar.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. The Simple Dollar does not include all card/financial services companies or all card/financial services offers available in the marketplace. The Simple Dollar has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, Capital One, Chase & Discover. View our full advertiser disclosure to learn more.
Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® Review
What we like about the Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®
- Prequalification opportunity: A credit card application involves a hard inquiry on your credit, which can temporarily lower your credit score. If you apply for a new card and don’t have great credit, a rejected application is a double whammy — no new card to use and a lower credit score. The Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® offers applicants a prequalification step, so you can see the likelihood of being approved without risking your credit.
- Unauthorized charge protection: With zero fraud liability, NASCAR card members won’t be on the hook for charges they didn’t authorize.
- Free access to credit score: Each month, cardholders can monitor their Experian credit score and view a summary of their credit report.
- Flat-rate rewards: Enjoy 1% cash back on all purchases. Earn double cash back at the NASCAR Shop.
Things to consider
- No introductory APR offer: Many other cards boast a 0% intro interest offer, but this card doesn’t. If you tend to carry a balance month to month, other cards might be a better choice. The card’s high APR between 17.99% to 23.99% Variable can quickly impact your debt.
- Lots of fees: If you’re fee-averse, this might not be the right card for you. There are fees for adding an authorized user, using your card abroad and many other actions that can make this an expensive choice.
- Initial credit limit: Your initial credit limit may be as low as $300. If you have poor credit, you’ll pay a $0 - $99 annual fee, which depending on the annual fee you receive will lower your credit limit.
- Fluctuating rewards structure: The rewards structure of the card is contingent upon your creditworthiness. If you have a lower credit score, you will have fewer benefits compared to a user with excellent credit.
Cash back details
There are two rewards structures available with the Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® that are dependent on your creditworthiness. If you have excellent credit, you can receive 1% cash back on all purchases and double cash back at the NASCAR Shop. There’s no categories to pick from or rewards to reedem — points are automatically credited to your account. But if your credit isn’t great, you only receive 1% cash back on gas and card purchases. Luckily, you can still enjoy double cash back at the NASCAR Shop.
The fees associated with the Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® are partially dependent on your creditworthiness. For example, your annual fee can vary from $0 - $99. Other costs with this card include a $19 annual fee to add an authorized user to the account and another $19 to add a joint account owner. If you’re planning on using this card abroad, think again. Cardholders will pay a 3% foreign transaction fee per transaction for using the card in other countries.
If you send in a payment late, you can be charged up to $39 in penalty fees. Additionally, it’s important to make sure you send in your bill payments well in advance because Credit One Bank doesn’t process payments immediately and charges a $10 fee to do so.
How does it compare to other credit cards?
While the Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® delivers the ability to use credit without a security deposit, there are other choices with better terms in exchange for a refundable deposit. For example, the Secured Mastercard® from Capital One boasts no annual fee, a low minimum deposit and access to a higher credit line after five initial on-time monthly payments. For a slightly higher minimum deposit, the Citi® Secured Mastercard® is another good way to recover from financial mistakes and eventually qualify for an unsecured card.
|Card||Ongoing Purchase APR||Annual Fee||Intro Bonus||Credit Needed||Key features|
|Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®||23.99% Variable||$39||None||Bad to Fair|
|Secured Mastercard® from Capital One||See Terms||None||None||No Credit History|
|Citi® Secured Mastercard®||22.49% variable||None||None||No Credit History|
Please Note: Information about the Secured Mastercard® from Capital One have been collected independently by TheSimpleDollar.com. The issuer did not provide the details, nor is it responsible for their accuracy.
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view our disclosures, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser’s page for terms & conditions.