Please Note: The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business and Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business are currently unavailable through our site.
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is a great option for business owners who travel often and want to earn rewards, while also keeping their costs down. The card has no annual fee for the first year and then $95 after that, which is relatively low among other business travel cards. As for bonuses, you can earn up to 50,000 miles when you spend $4,500 on your card within the first three months.
In terms of its reward program, you’ll earn 2x miles on every dollar spent with no limits or specific category restrictions. Plus, earn 5x miles if you book hotels or rental cars through Capital One. When compared to other business travel cards, the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business has superior benefits coupled with low costs, putting it ahead of the pack in value.
What we like about the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
- There’s a generous welcome bonus that allows you to earn 50,000 miles when you spend $4,500 on your card within the first three months
- The rewards program earns you 2x miles for every dollar you spend with your card. Additionally, you’ll earn 5x miles on every dollar spent on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One
- The miles you earn won’t expire and can be redeemed at any time
- The annual fee is waived for the first year and then it’s $95, which is low compared to other business travel cards
- You get free business cards for your employees with the ability to customize spending limits, and purchases made on employee cards will earn you the same rewards
- You can also Fly through security with one statement credit for either the $85 TSA Pre✓® application fee or the $100 Global Entry application fee
Things to consider
- Points earned on purchases can be redeemed for flights, hotels, vacation packages and other travel expenses. Redemption rates vary if you use points for gift cards, checks or statement credits.
- The APR for purchases and balance transfers is 18.49% (Variable), which is slightly higher than some other comparable business travel cards. If you have excellent credit, you may be able to get a lower APR with a different card.
- There’s no introductory 0% APR offer, which means you’ll start paying interest on purchases and balance transfers immediately.
Capital One® Spark® Miles Business travel rewards details
The travel rewards program for this card offers 2x miles for every dollar spent. Additionally, you’ll earn 5x times the miles when you book your hotel or car rental through Capital One. To maximize your rewards, you’ll want to book all your rental cars and hotels through Capital One. You’ll also want to take advantage of the 50,000 miles when you spend $4,500 on your card within the first three months. Beyond that, you can exponentially increase your rewards by issuing free cards to your employees so their spending earns rewards for your business, too.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business fees
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business card boasts no annual fee for the first year and then $95 for subsequent years. There is no extra charge for foreign transaction fees, which is great for business trips abroad. The late payment fee is up to $39 per occurrence, which is the industry standard and shouldn’t be an issue as long as you set up automatic payments or remember to pay your bill on time each month. All in all, this card is very affordable when weighed against the points and bonuses you’ll earn by using it.
How does it compare to other business travel cards?
When compared to other business travel cards, the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business certainly stands apart with its mileage rewards potential, especially when you consider the introductory offer of up to 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,500 in the first three months. But if you’re looking for a simpler card that doesn’t require an annual fee and comes with an intro APR offer on purchases, consider the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business or the Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card.
|Card||Ongoing Purchase APR||Annual Fee||Intro Bonus||Credit Needed||Key features|
|Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card||16.49% - 25.24% Variable||$0||25,000 bonus points when you make at least $1,000 in net purchases within 60 days of your account opening which can be redeemed for a $250 statement credit towards travel purchases.||Excellent||3 points per every dollar spent on travel purchases (car, hotel, airline) booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center – powered by Expedia®|
|Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business||14.49% - 22.49% (Variable)||$0||One-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening||Good to excellent||Unlimited 1.5X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won’t expire for the life of the account|
|Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business||18.49% (Variable)||$0 intro for first year; $95 after that||One-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening||Good to excellent||Unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won’t expire for the life of the account|
The bottom line
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is a great credit card option for business owners who travel and have employees that make purchases. You can also enjoy no annual fee the first year, no foreign transaction fees, and Visa Business Benefits.
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view a list of partners, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser's page for terms & conditions.