Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is a hotel credit card that truly delivers. Frequent travelers and Marriott loyalists will love this card’s generous rewards, including a sign up bonus worth $600, 6x points for every dollar spent on eligible Marriott purchases and 2x points for all other purchases. You also be awarded a free night every year after your account anniversary — potentially worth several hundred dollars — and the fifth night free when you book at least five consecutive nights at a Marriott hotel.
What we like about the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
- Earn a 75,000 point sign up bonus after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, helping you earn extra value from the card during the first year
- Earn 6x points on eligible Marriott purchases and 2x points on everything else, which are cash back rates that greatly exceed the standard 1% back
- There is no foreign transaction fee, which is great if you frequently travel abroad
- You can redeem points for hotel stays, additional charges (like food and beverages), cruises, spa vacations, merchandise and gift cards
- You’ll get a fifth night free on award stays and a free night worth up to 35,000 points every account anniversary
- You are automatically awarded Silver Elite status when you become a cardholder
Things to consider
- The card has a $95 annual fee, though this can be offset with all the numerous perks attached to the card
- The cash advance fee for this card is a hefty $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- You can’t apply for this card if you have opened five or more credit cards in the last 24 months because of the Chase 5/24 rule
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ hotel rewards details
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card lets cardholders rack up 6x points per dollar when they make eligible Marriott purchases. You can also get 2x points for everything else, making it a decent card for everyday purchases. Earned points are redeemable at all hotels within the Marriott brand, including Sheraton, Renaissance Hotels, Westin and Marriott Courtyard. You can also purchase travel experiences or transfer points to eligible frequent flyer programs.
Although the card has a $95 annual fee, you’ll easily neutralize it by redeeming the free night that Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card gives cardholders on each account anniversary. The sign up bonus of 75,000 points is another valuable perk that makes having this card worthwhile.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ fees
The annual fee for having the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is $95. You’ll pay up to $39 for late and return payments, plus there’s no foreign transaction fee, making it the ideal card for international travel.
However, it’s not a card you want to use for cash advances or balance transfers. The cash advance fee is $10 or 5% of the amount, whichever is greater. A balance transfer with this card incurs a $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. Moreover, interest starts accruing on the day you make a cash advance or balance transfer.
How does it compare to other travel rewards cards?
|Card||Ongoing Purchase APR||Annual Fee||Intro Bonus||Credit Needed||Key features|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card||15.99% - 22.99% Variable||$95||Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening||Good to excellent||6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||15.99% - 22.99% Variable||$95||60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®||Good to excellent||2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases|
The bottom line
If you stay at a Marriott hotel at least once a year or want to top off your frequent flyer program, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is a solid card to have in your wallet. The card’s sign up bonus is 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. You’ll also get a free night valued up to 35,000 bonus points every account anniversary year. By using the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card, you can cut down your travel expenses and save up for your next vacation.
Editorial Note: Compensation does not influence our recommendations. However, we may earn a commission on sales from the companies featured in this post. To view a list of partners, click here. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by our advertisers. Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate info, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult our advertiser's page for terms & conditions.