What we do
The Simple Dollar team works hard to match readers, like you, with financial products that will help you achieve your goals. Our thoroughly researched resources, articles, reviews, and tools are free for you to learn from and enjoy.
How the site works
Our team researches credit cards, loans, and more to highlight the best options out there. Financial products aren’t one-size-fits-all; we’re dedicated to helping you find products that fit just right. That’s why you’ll find more than an overview of pros and cons on The Simple Dollar. We offer in-depth analysis of how products work in the real world, how to use them effectively, and who they’re best for. While we compile (and frequently update) shortlists of this year’s top picks, we don’t provide a complete listing of every financial product available — just the products we believe are truly the best. Though we work diligently to ensure all information is up-to-date, financial information changes often and is presented without warranty. As such, the information in our reviews may differ from an issuer’s site. Please consult the issuer’s site for the most current terms and conditions.
We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. Our goal is to help you make smarter financial decisions by providing you with interactive tools and financial calculators, publishing original and objective content, by enabling you to conduct research and compare information for free - so that you can make financial decisions with confidence. The Simple Dollar has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, American Express, Capital One, Chase & Discover.
How we make money
The Simple Dollar is an independent, advertising-supported publisher and comparison service. The Simple Dollar is compensated in exchange for featured placement of sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. This compensation may impact how, where and in what order products appear. The Simple Dollar does not include all companies or all available products.
Why we’re here
At the end of the day, we’re here because we love personal finance, and we want you to love it, too! That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you make financial decisions you can feel good about. Whether you’re shopping for a new credit card or learning to budget for the first time, we’re here to help.
All content at The Simple Dollar is not available for use without written permission. If there is an article you would like to republish, please contact us at email@example.com.
Quotes from articles can be used without permission if our website is sourced by referencing our home page URL or the URL of the page where the quote was taken from.
Our organization is committed to facilitating the accessibility of our website(s) and digital offerings by identifying, removing, and preventing barriers that may interfere with the ability to obtain the products and services offered. Our goal is to make our website(s) accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and endeavor to conform to level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines establish a single shared standard for web content accessibility to address the needs of individuals, organizations, and governments worldwide.
Scope & Plan
We have taken important steps to improve accessibility on our site(s) and commit to learning and testing as we work toward conformance with the WCAG 2.0 guidelines. Our strategy and progression toward fulfillment of our conformance goals include the following:
- Accessibility Team: Our organization has established a team of professionals dedicated to developing and implementing an accessibility plan that will leverage the skills and know-how of its members. The team is responsible for formulating and deploying the strategy, overseeing its progress, and instituting new coding standards.
- Audit & Review: Our Accessibility Team will audit and review our existing websites to identify areas for improvement and begin reparations in Q1 2017. Our team will collaborate with industry experts and outside consultants to validate our solutions.
- Remediation and Implementation: Our team will create a set of universal coding standards and practices in conformance with WCAG 2.0 and apply them to the design and building of existing and future websites we may launch.
Ongoing efforts are being made to identify reliable solutions to enhance the overall accessibility of our websites. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing our website(s) or have specific questions about our organization’s accessibility plan, please contact us. All constructive feedback regarding accessibility or usability of this website is welcome and will be carefully considered.
Helpful LinksWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines
In order to provide insurance advice, we are required to be licensed. These are the areas in which we are licensed. This website is not a solicitation to sell insurance in any jurisdiction in which we are not licensed.
- Alabama - License # 267286
- Arkansas - License # 100101047
- Arizona - License # 1800005439
- California - License # 0F51800
- Colorado - License # 288766
- Connecticut - License # 002271329
- District Of Columbia - License # 2842789
- Delaware - License # 1051092
- Florida - License # L047928
- Georgia - License # 117188
- Hawaii - License # 421425
- Iowa - License # 1001003751
- Idaho - License # 145832
- Illinois - License # 100281887
- Indiana - License # 3496982, 514908
- Kansas - License # 020773852-0
- Kentucky - License # DOI-645411
- Louisiana - License # 336948
- Massachusetts - License # 1974998
- Maryland - License # 99967634
- Maine - License # AGN135057
- Michigan - License # 0080763
- Minnesota - License # 40013843
- Missouri - License # 8022242
- Mississippi - License # 15006619
- Montana - License # 679979
- North Carolina - License # 020773852
- North Dakota - License # 20294517
- Nebraska - License # 100177257
- New Hampshire - License # 2012559
- New Jersey - License # 1086177
- New Mexico - License # 1800006023
- Nevada - License # 529371
- New York - License # PC-1036396
- Ohio - License # 1270783, 35516
- Oklahoma - License # 100100543
- Oregon - License # 100166808
- Pennsylvania - License # 471015
- South Carolina - License # 1905567354
- South Dakota - License # 8885
- Tennessee - License # 4093
- Texas - License # 1426842
- Utah - License # 253014
- Virginia - License # 100035
- Vermont - License # 515326
- Washington - License # 272184
- Wisconsin - License # 100194345
- West Virginia - License # 100109740
- Wyoming - License # 157460