Imagine if you could walk up to the cashier at your local McDonald’s, order a burger and fries, and, instead of pulling out your wallet to pay for it, simply pull out your phone and tell someone you love them. Transaction complete.
All You Need Is Love at McDonald’s
If you saw McDonald’s Super Bowl ads, you know that from now until Valentine’s Day, that might actually happen. In the fast-food giant’s Pay with Lovin’ campaign, randomly selected customers can pay with love instead of money. This might mean calling your mom to tell her you love her, or hugging the friend or family member you’re dining with. (What are your odds of being selected? It depends on the location, but your best chance is on Monday, Feb. 2, when each McDonald’s store will select up to 35 random customers. That drops to 20 per day on Tuesday, Feb. 3, then ranges from three to 10 per day through the rest of the promotion.)
Free Coffee at Chick-fil-A, Every Day in February
Meanwhile, Chick-fil-A announced that it’s offering free coffee all day, every day throughout the month of February. This offer is valid for either a small (12-ounce) hot coffee or a medium (16-ounce) iced coffee, with a limit of one per customer per visit.
And it’s not just your basic coffee, which is one reason for the promotion. The Atlanta-based fast-food chain recently teamed up with THRIVE Farmers Coffee to make a sustainably grown brew that meets the standards of the Speciality Coffee Association, something only 10% of coffee consumed around the world can boast.
Besides free coffee from Chick-fil-A and the possibility of free food at McDonald’s, here are some other ways you can dine for free in February:
More Ways to Get Free Food this Month
- McDonald’s: Even if you aren’t lucky enough to be selected to pay with love, you can get one free small hot or iced coffee on Mondays at participating locations. Participating locations include the Washington, D.C., area; Austin, Texas; Cincinnati, Ohio; South Bend and Fort Wayne, Ind.; parts of Virginia, and parts of Pennsylvania.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Dunkin’ is also trying to increase that Monday morning motivation by offering free coffee on Mondays at participating locations. These locations include Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa; Topeka and Wichita, Kan.; Rochester, Minn.; Kansas City; Lincoln and Omaha, Neb.; and Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee, Wis. But even if you don’t live in those Midwestern areas pouring free coffee, you can still get a free beverage when you enroll in their DDPerks program, regardless of where you live. The website says you just might also get a free drink on your birthday.
- Taco Bell: Pull out that smartphone to get some free grub. Get a free Doritos Locos Taco when you make a purchase from their mobile app. It’s available through both Google Play and Apple’s App Store. You can even opt to pick up your order through the drive-thru.
- Auntie Anne’s: Download their app and within 24 hours, get a coupon for a free pretzel.
- Buca di Beppo: Sign up for their e-club to receive a free pasta dish, good for either dine-in or take-out. Choose between a totally free baked ziti, spaghetti marinara, or fettucine alfredo, all in the small size.
- IHOP: Join IHOP’s ‘Pancake Revolution’ to get a free order of Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity pancakes, along with free meals on your birthday and after one year of membership.
- Houlihan’s: Get a free $10 coupon good at all of their 77 locations just for joining their e-club, and also receive a free entree on your birthday.
- Baker’s Square: Sign up for their e-club to get a free adult entrée, like their Ultimate Mac n’ Cheese, Fish and Chips, or Savory Pot Roast, when you purchase one. Plus, every Wednesday get a free slice of pie with any menu item.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: Join their e-club to receive $10 off your next purchase. Plus, you can take advantage of their On the House promotion: Order one of their classic pasta dishes, and you’ll receive another one free to take home and eat the next day.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Register for their Pizza Dough reward program, and get a free small plate – like a shaved mushroom and spinach flat bread – just for signing up. You’ll also receive $5 in credit for every $100 you spend.
- Firehouse Subs: Buy a sandwich, like their smoked turkey breast, veggie, or Virginia ham, and get a free large drink when you sign up for their e-club.
- FlatTop Grill: Get a free stir fry for joining their e-club. Check out their e-club rewards benefits.
- Chili’s: Choose between free salsa, guacamole, or queso and chips when you sign up for their e-mail club.
- Culver’s: Sign up for their e-club to receive a free value basket with the purchase of a value basket. A value basket consists of their classic ButterBurger or another sandwich, a regular drink, and one side – either crinkle cut fries, a side salad, cole slaw, green beans, or one of their premium sides, such as cheese curds, onion rings, or chili cheddar fries.
- Panera Bread: Earn a free pastry or other sweet welcome for joining their MyPanera rewards program.
- Old Chicago: Register for their OC Rewards program, and get a free appetizer on your first visit. Plus, if you’re a fan of the pizza chain, you’ll earn points towards free food as you dine there.
- Qdoba: Choose between a free chips and salsa or regular-sized drink when you sign up for Qdoba rewards. Plus, you’ll get a free gift on your birthday and earn points toward free food with your purchases.
- Starbucks: When you register your free Starbucks card, you’ll get a free new member drink. Plus, you’ll earn points towards future purchases.
- Caribou Coffee: Earn a free medium drink from this coffee chain when you register for rewards.
- Diary Queen: Love ice cream with the fixins? Get a buy-one-get-one-free coupon when you sign up for Blizzard Rewards. If the Orange Julius is more your taste, sign up for the Julius League for a similar BOGO coupon.