Auto-Owners Insurance Auto Insurance Review
Auto-Owners Insurance: Key Takeaways
- Auto-Owners Insurance works with independent agents who are experts on the policies they offer.
- You can tailor your policy to include more coverage for collision or rental cars.
- Save money with a variety of insurance discounts for having multiple policies, paying in full, choosing a higher deductible and more.
Auto-Owners Insurance doesn’t offer a form you can fill out for an agent to contact you. Instead, you have to search for independent agents in your area using your ZIP code. From there, you can select from available agents in your area and call in to walk through the coverage you want and get a free quote.
Auto-Owners Insurance Review
Other Auto-Owners Insurance coverages include:
If you’re in the market for car insurance and don’t know where to turn, it’s smart to get a quote from Auto-Owners Insurance and a handful of other companies. Keep reading to learn all about the policies Auto-Owners Insurance offers, what they include and how to get a free quote.
- Bodily injury liability and property damage liability: This coverage kicks in to pay for damage due to injury or personal property damage, including legal expenses if you’re involved in a lawsuit.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: This coverage helps to pay for damage when someone is injured or killed by an underinsured or uninsured motorist.
- Medical payments and personal injury protection: These coverages will kick in to take care of medical expenses, rehabilitation, hospitalization and more when someone is injured in your vehicle.
- Road trouble service:: If you lock your keys in your car, run out of gas or have a flat tire, you can call a special hotline 24 hours a day and 365 days per year to set up assistance.
- Additional expense coverage: This type of plan will pay for additional expenses you incur when you can’t use your vehicle for a covered reason.
- Loan gap and lease gap coverage: Rely on this coverage to pay the difference between the value of your car and what you owe on your lease or loan in the event you’re involved in an accident.
- Diminished value coverage: Your car will be worth less if it’s involved in an accident, and this coverage protects your investment.
You’ll also receive Collision Coverage Advantage coverage, which waives your deductible if you’re in an accident with another Auto-Owners Insurance customer. Common loss deductible coverage also means you won’t have to pay two different deductibles if you need to file a claim on your homeowners and auto insurance policies at the same time.
How to Get a Quote from Auto-Owners Insurance
One downside of Auto-Owners Insurance is that it doesn’t let you get a free quote online without speaking to an insurance agent. The insurer makes you call in for a quote, which is inconvenient when you’re simply trying to compare pricing.
Auto-Owners Insurance Discounts
Auto-Owners Insurance offers a handful of discounts you can qualify for if your goal is saving money on auto insurance premiums. Discounts you should know about include:
- Student discounts: Discounts are available for students who have good grades or agree to have a monitoring device installed in their vehicle.
- Multi-policy discount: Receive premium savings when you bundle different types of insurance policies and purchase them all from Auto-Owners Insurance.
- Payment history discount: Receive more savings when you pay your premiums early or on time for at least 36 months.
- Paid in full discount: Get a discount for paying your annual premiums in at one time instead of monthly.
- Paperless discount: Receive a discount for enrolling in paperless billing.
- Multi-car discount: Save more when you insure two or more cars with Auto-Owners Insurance.
- Safety feature discount: Qualify for this discount if you have certain safety devices installed on your vehicle such as anti-lock brakes, airbags or an anti-theft device