Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Review
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance: Key Takeaways
- Apply for a free, no-obligation quote online.
- Pay for add-on protection and coverage like rental car coverage and towing and labor coverage.
- Receive a 12-month rate guarantee.
- Get access to 24/7 customer service.
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Review
Customers seeking high-quality auto insurance coverage should consider Liberty Mutual. The insurer offers bodily injury liability, property damage coverage and medical payments as standard. Other basic benefits include a 12-month rate guarantee, customer service that’s available 24/7 and a lifetime repair guarantee. You can also pay more for additional insurance coverage that can pay for a rental car if you need one — or cover towing and labor.
Accident Forgiveness offered by Liberty Mutual protects you from price increases after your first accident in your insured vehicle.
Liberty Mutual auto coverage doesn’t come with any set rates since your premiums will depend on the car you own, your age and personal history, your driving history and other factors. If you drive but don’t own your own vehicle, consider a non-owners car insurance policy instead. Liberty Mutual offers a range of insurance discounts that can help you save on your premiums each year.
When it comes to saving money, also note that you can tweak your auto insurance coverage limits — and your deductible — until you reach a monthly premium you can afford. To get the lowest auto insurance rates possible, you may have to sacrifice coverage or settle on a higher deductible.
How to Get a Quote from Liberty Mutual
If your goal is setting up a new insurance policy online, Liberty Mutual has you covered. You can enter some of your basic personal and vehicle information through the Liberty Mutual website and get a free, no-obligation quote without every speaking to an agent. You don’t have to reveal sensitive personal information such as your Social Security number to do so.
To get a free quote from Liberty, all you have to do is head to their website’s auto insurance page and offer up the following details.
- Auto type.
- Age you received your driver’s license.
- Moving violations in the past five years, if any.
- Housing status.
- Marital status.
- Highest level of education.
- Current auto insurance status.
- Preferred add-on coverage.
- Preferred coverage limits.
- Discounts you may qualify for.
From there, you’ll receive a basic premium quote that represents how much you could pay if you don’t change any of the details they include. However, you’ll have the opportunity to change many of the inclusions in your policy such as:
- Bodily injury limits.
- Property damage liability limits.
- Medical payments coverage limits..
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage limits.
- Types of coverage included in your policy, including add-ons.
Once you finalize your new policy with all the inclusions and limits you want to pay for, you can purchase your new coverage and set it up online without ever speaking to an insurance agent.
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Discounts
We already mentioned how Liberty Mutual offers special discounts to some of its customers. If you want to save money on your policy, the following discounts can help you save on your monthly premiums:
- RightTrack discount: This program lets you install a device in your automobile that measures your speed and driving habits. If you’re deemed and excellent driver, you can save up to 30%.
- Online purchase discount: This discount is applied automatically when you purchase your policy online instead of through a Liberty Mutual insurance agent.
- Multi-policy discount: Save even more when you bundle your Liberty Mutual auto insurance policy with a homeowners or renters insurance policy.
- Multi-car discount: Enjoy savings that multiply when you insure more than one car with Liberty Mutual.
- Upfront payment discount: Save on your premiums when you pay your policy off in full upfront instead of making monthly payments.
- Accident free discount: You’ll be afforded lower premiums if you’re accident and claims-free.
- Safety features discount: Qualify for special discounts if your car is equipped with advanced safety features such as anti-lock brakes, adaptive headlights or an anti-theft device.