AAA Home Insurance is a good option if you are a AAA auto policy holder, giving you several opportunities to take down your monthly costs. If you live in one of its serviceable states, there are numerous discounts you can use to save money. Find the Best Home Insurance Enter your ZIP code below and be sure to click at least 2-3 companies to find the very best rate. Find the Best Home Insurance Save money on home insurance with our simple comparison tool.
Our AAA homeowners insurance review will help you find out if this is the ideal provider for you.
Find the Best Home Insurance
Enter your ZIP code below and be sure to click at least 2-3 companies to find the very best rate.
Find the Best Home Insurance
Save money on home insurance with our simple comparison tool.
|Price||Varies by location and type of home|
|Best for||Current AAA auto policy members|
|Not for||Anyone who needs only homeowners insurance|
|States served||Alaska, Arizona, Northern California, Nevada, Montana, Utah, Wyoming|
|Discounts||25% multi-policy discount|
|5% AAA Member discount||10% on an auto policy when bundled with home insurance|
|AM Best Rating||A|
|Standout features||Numerous discounts available to policy holders|
AAA claims that if you are an AAA auto policy holder, it’s to your benefit to bundle your home insurance and auto insurance together to save. Plus, if your home is newer or has recently had work done to it, you will save even more money.
Is it true?
Yes, this is a standout feature of AAA that is absolutely true. Here are just some of the discounts available to AAA policy holders:
- 5% for AAA Membership Discount
- 5% Newly Purchased
- 4% for roof renovation
- 10% zero prior claims
- 25% for companion auto
Our deep dive
Here’s what comes with your AAA home insurance policy:
- Protect your personal property: Should something happen to your home, it’s not just the building itself that is protected. Everything inside is also covered. Whether it’s your furniture or appliances, AAA covers the replacement of any lost items.
- Protect detached structures: Have a new pool, fence or a detached structure on your property? AAA will protect it.
- Complete home protection: Should your home be damaged or destroyed, AAA will cover either the repair or reconstruction of it. That’s 100% loss protection.
- Protect others: If someone is hurt or injured while at your home, AAA will cover their medical payments as well as any other expenses that are a result of the incident.
- Loss of use: Lose your home and AAA will provide you with somewhere else to live provided what happened is a covered loss.
- Protect your high-valued property: Have a valuable piece of art or musical instrument at home? AAA provides optional coverage for high-valued personal property.
- Personal liability: If you are considered at fault for anything that happens, AAA personal liability protects you should anyone seek litigation against you.
- Jewelry and collectible protection: Protect your watches, fine jewelry or any other pricey collectibles. Note that most policies offered by AAA have a coverage limit per item that you want protected.
- Flood insurance: You can also add on flood insurance with an extra annual premium.
- Extra perks: AAA can give you more perks than just insurance. You can also get free travel planning, discounts on sports tickets and discounts on theme parks.
The prices offered by AAA are greatly affected by where you live, the value of your home, what you’re insuring and whether you are a current AAA auto policy holder. These, factored in with the numerous discounts available to all account holders, makes doing a cost rundown tricky. Another thing to consider is that other companies may sell insurance under the AAA banner.
For these reasons, you will need to contact a local AAA representative for a quote to get an idea of how much you’ll pay for coverage through AAA.
Cheaper (or free!) alternatives
There are some ways to save money on your insurance. Consider these options:
- Raise your deductible: You can save money on your premiums by raising your deductible, but make sure you can afford the out-of-pocket expense in case anything happens.
- Ask about discounts: Several providers offer discounts. Ask about what’s available to see if you can save money. If you don’t currently qualify for a discount, see if you can do anything to get it. For example, you could install safety equipment to qualify for a discount you wouldn’t have been able to get before.
- Get several quotes: AAA might not be the least expensive choice. Get quotes from several providers to see which gives you the best coverage for the best price.
Here are AAA’s top competitors. Compare their strengths and weaknesses to decide which provider is right for you.
- Amica Mutual: Amica Mutual has some of the best scores for customer service. J.D. Power has ranked this provider the highest for 18 years.
- Allstate: Allstate offers a variety of plans for you to choose from to customize your plan to your needs. J.D. Power scored Allstate three out of five.
- Country Financial: This provider has been in business since 1925, and policyholders get a variety of perks such as roadside assistance, which makes it a competitor to AAA and its road assistance program.
- Erie Insurance: J.D. Power gave Erie a five out of five score for its customer service. Erie has been in business for over 90 years and has a lot of positive reviews.
- State Farm: State Farm got a four out of five from J.D. Power. The provider offers several discounts, including the option to bundle services together to save.
What others are saying
The Better Business Bureau gives AAA a C-. This is because it has had five complaints filed against it, and AAA failed to even respond to any of those complaints. However, on the flip side, Consumer Affairs has it inching close to four stars out of five. Because AAA home insurance reviews are mixed, you may want to do research and talk to an agent about any concerns you have.
The bottom line
If you’re a current AAA member, and you live in one of the states AAA offers home insurance to, you should check out what kind of deal you can get. Because of the many discount options, you might find that this provider can help you save a lot of money.