We are an independent, advertising-supported comparison service. Our goal is to help you make smarter financial decisions by providing you with interactive tools and financial calculators, publishing original and objective content, by enabling you to conduct research and compare information for free – so that you can make financial decisions with confidence. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which TheSimpleDollar.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. The Simple Dollar does not include all card/financial services companies or all card/financial services offers available in the marketplace. The Simple Dollar has partnerships with issuers including, but not limited to, Capital One, Chase & Discover. View our full advertiser disclosure to learn more.
Amica Auto Insurance Review
If you’re in the market for a new auto insurance policy, it’s smart to consider Amica and all they have to offer. Keep reading to learn more about this company, how its rated by third party rating agencies and its own customers, and how to sign up.
Amica Auto Insurance Review: Key Takeaways
- Save up to 25% when you insure more than one vehicle.
- Save up to 15% when you combine Amica auto insurance with a homeowner’s insurance policy.
- A+ (Superior) rating for financial strength and claims payment ability from A.M. Best Company.
- 95% retention rate among homeowner’s and auto insurance customers.
- Get a free, no obligation quote online.
- Multiple discounts available.
Amica Auto Insurance: Why You Should Consider It
One factor Amica Mutual has working in its favor is its breadth of experience in the auto insurance industry. Amica is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the country, and they’ve been offering coverage in this niche for more than 100 years.
Amica auto insurance offers free quotes online as well as plenty of opportunities to customize your car insurance to meet your needs. You can pay for additional collision coverage, for example, as well as add-on coverage that will kick in if your car is stolen or vandalized.
As you package together your ideal auto insurance policy, you also get to choose bodily injury limits you’re comfortable with (i.e. $250,000/$500,000, etc.) and a deductible that makes sense for your budget. Amica auto insurance policies can also include the following features:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: comes into play if you’re in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Full glass coverage: can replace your windshield or any other broken glass.
- Medical payments: can cover medical bills in the event you or other passengers are injured in your vehicle.
- Rental reimbursement: can reimburse you if you need to pay for a rental car while your own insured vehicle is being repairs.
- Towing and labor costs: can cover towing and labor costs related to your insured vehicle.
Generally speaking, Amica auto insurance offers three main base plans to choose from — basic, standard, and recommended. Where Amica’s basic plans have the lowest coverage levels, their recommended auto insurance plans come with higher coverage limits and more perks. As you shop for a new car insurance policy from Amica Auto Insurance, make sure to consider all the additional coverage you may want as well as the coverage limits you’ll need to feel secure.
How to Get a Quote from Amica Auto Insurance
One big benefit of shopping for car insurance with Amica is the fact they offer free quotes online. You can provide very basic information through their online application and get access to an auto insurance quote in a matter of minutes.
Information you’ll need to provide to receive a free quote includes:
- Your name
- Auto type
- Age you received your driver’s license
- Moving violations in the last three years, if any
- Housing status
- Current auto insurance status
- Add-on coverage you prefer
- Preferred coverage limits
- Discounts you may qualify for
Once you provide this information, Amica will give you a free, no obligation car insurance quote. Within your quote, you’ll have the ability to choose and adjust coverage limits, your deductible, and more.
Amica Auto Insurance Discounts
Like many other insurance companies, Amica offers several discounts you can qualify for. These include:
- Multi-policy discount: You can qualify for a discount up to 15% if you bundle an auto insurance policy with a homeowner’s insurance or life insurance policy.
- Multi-car policy: Save up to 25% on auto insurance when you insure more than one car.
- Loyalty discount: Qualify for additional discounts if you’ve been with your previous insurance company for more than two years.
- Driver’s training discount: Auto insurance customers under the age of 21 can qualify for discounts after completing a driver’s training course.
- Good student discount: Student drivers can qualify for lower rates if they have a B average or better in school.
- Upfront payment discount: Pay less overall for your auto insurance policy when you pay for six months of premiums at once.
- Claim-free discount: Save even more when you haven’t had any claims (other than glass or towing) within the last three years. To qualify for this discount, at least one driver on the policy needs to have a minimum of 39 months of driving experience.
How We Rate Amica Auto Insurance
At The Simple Dollar, we aim to provide a general overview of each insurer’s products and services through a standard rating process. We reviewed the most recent claims satisfaction and overall customer satisfaction studies from J.D. Power, customer reviews from Consumer Affairs and other sources, and financial solvency reports from A.M. Best. After a thorough research and discovery period, here’s how Amica Auto Insurance stacks up:
|Amica Auto Insurance at a Glance|