Blue Sky Auto Loans Review
Blue Sky Auto Loans: Key Takeaways
- Get a loan with bad credit, no credit, or a past bankruptcy.
- Over 3 million customers helped to far.
- Borrow up to $30,000.
- Qualify with no money down in some cases.
- Minimum income of $450 per week required.
- Apply online and get your money in as little as 24 hours.
- Borrow money for a new or used vehicle.
- Get a loan to refinance an auto loan you already have.
Blue Sky Auto Loans Review: A Borrowing Solution for People with Bad Credit
If you have bad credit and don’t have a lot of options when it comes to borrowing money for a new or used car, you may want to consider using Blue Sky Auto Loans. This company specializes in loans for people with shaky credit or no credit at all, and they may be able to help you borrow up to $30,000 if you meet the minimum income requirement of $450 per week.
When it comes to auto financing through this company, there are some limitations to be aware of depending on the type of loan you’re after.
New or used car loans:
- Borrow between $7,500 and $30,000.
- Repay your loan between 24 and 72 months.
Auto loan refinancing:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must earn at least $1,800 per month.
- Cannot have a bankruptcy on your record.
- Mileage must be under 100,000.
- Vehicles cannot be older than eight years old.
- Loan amount of $8,000 or more.
There are no fees to apply for an auto loan or auto loan refinancing with this company, and the interest rate you qualify for will vary based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
If you do have a good credit score, you can also rest assured that Blue Sky Auto Loans works with partner lenders that offer more attractive rates and loan terms to customers who can qualify.
What to Watch Out For
Like other platforms that offer auto loans for consumers with bad credit, the biggest thing to watch out for with Blue Sky is the fact you may be paired with a lender that charges high fees or very high interest rates. If you wind up having to pay a high interest rate, refinancing your car or taking out a loan to buy a new or used car may not leave you any better off.
Keep in mind that a $20,000 auto loan with a 19% APR would require you to pay $519 per month for 60 months. And by the end of the loan, you would have forked over more than $10,000 in interest payments. If there’s any way to avoid taking out a car loan with a similar interest rate or one that’s even higher, you should try.
Second, keep in mind that you may have to make a down payment to qualify for one of these loans if your credit score is considered “poor.” Blue Sky Auto Finance says on its website that “the typical required down payment for people with bad credit is 10% of the vehicle’s selling price or $1,000 dollars, whichever is less.” So if you want to purchase a car for $8,000, you’ll probably need a down payment of at least $800.
Who Blue Sky Auto Loans are Best For:
- Consumers with bad credit who need a new or used car to get to work.
- Anyone with improved credit who may be able to qualify for auto loan refinancing with better terms.
- Anyone who plans to purchase a new or used car in an amount between $7,500 and $30,000 who can qualify for Blue Sky’s best loan terms.
How We Rate Blue Sky Auto Loans
At The Simple Dollar, we aim to provide a general overview of a lender’s products and services through a standard rating process. After a thorough research and discovery period, here’s how Blue Sky Auto Loans stack up:
How to Apply for a Loan with Blue Sky Auto Loans
If you want to apply for a new or used car loan from Blue Sky, you can do so online by filling out an online application with your name, address, phone number, email address, and the type of vehicle you hope to buy. You’ll also need to include your employment and income information, your Social Security number, and your date of birth. If you’re approved for a loan, it’s possible to get your funds in as little as 24 hours.
If you plan to apply for auto loan refinancing with Blue Sky, you’ll need to include more information in your application, including:
- Vehicle registration
- Auto insurance information
- Vehicle Identification Number or VIN
- Odometer reading
- Current loan information with account number
If you’re approved for auto refinancing, you could find out in a matter of minutes and also receive funds to pay off your old auto loan in as little as 24 hours.