We understand that frugality, battling debt, or searching for financial independence is hard; it takes consistency and determination. We mentioned it last week: the path to financial independence doesn’t have to be a solo journey, there’s a strong community of supporters who all have something great to share.
We want to take that idea a step further and feature community member’s tips to common and uncommon financial questions. We’re kicking off our first “Reader Tip Tuesday” post with responses to the Facebook question we asked last Tuesday: “What tips do you have on planning a frugal vacation?”
Here are some of our favorite responses:
- Bring your crockpot! – Jane W.
- When staying in hotels with children, sometimes you have more room and pay less if you get a king and bring an air mattress or a pallet for the kids. – Gina O.
- Tent camping! – Erica H, Lori B., Jeni P.
- Research, research, research! – Teresa S.
- As soon as you plan your trip destination, start watching Groupon, Living Social and Resaurant.com for deals on things to do and restaurants. – Erika C.
- Visit people you know. But make sure it’s short trips so you don’t wear out your welcome, be gracious, and be sure to return the favor to others. – Amy V.
Every Tuesday we’ll post a new question on our Facebook page. We look forward to hearing and sharing your tips!