To celebrate my ongoing series of personal productivity and personal development book reviews, I’m giving away my copy of Brazen Careerist. I reviewed the book in detail a few days ago and found it to be a collection of very good advice for twenty- or thirtysomethings. I’m giving it away – and I’m offering two different ways to enter the contest.
The Review List
Before I explain how to enter, here’s the list of personal finance and personal productivity books I’ve reviewed thus far. Each link goes straight to the review, so if you want to catch up, here’s your opportunity.
Brazen Careerist by Penelope Trunk
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Ready For Anything by David Allen
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
The Now Habit by Neil Fiore
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
Getting Things Done by David Allen
The 4 Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
Option 1 – Leave A Comment
You can get one entry in the book drawing by doing the following:
1. Read some of the book reviews from the above list and find one that you’d like to make a comment about.
2. Write at least fifty words in response to that book review – I want some interesting meat to read!
3. If you don’t have your own blog, add that response as a comment and use your correct email address in the comment.
4. Send me an email with the subject line “Giveaway #5 entry” that contains the name of the book you commented on. I’ll make sure that you did comment by matching your email address with the comments on that book. Only one entry per email address! You can also separately enter with a blog post, as described below.
Option 2 – Write A Blog Post
You can also get an additional entry in the book drawing by doing the following:
1. Read some of the book reviews from the above list and find one that you’d like to make a blog post about.
2. Write an interesting blog post about the book itself or some aspect of my book review.
3. Link back to my review of that book in your blog post.
4. Send me an email with the subject line “Giveaway #5 entry” that contains the name of the book, as well as the URL of your blog post that links to my book review. Only one entry per blog post! If you wrote a blog entry, you can also enter with a comment, as described above.
When can I enter? The contest starts now and ends on Friday, June 22, 2007, at 11:59 PM Central Time.
Who can win? I will only ship books within the continental United States, but anyone with a mailing address in the United States can win.
How will I know if I won? When the contest ends, I will use a random number generator to select one winner and then contact that winner by email. As soon as the winner has communicated their mailing address to me, I will post the winner’s name here on The Simple Dollar, likely as part of a Morning Roundup. If you wrote a blog post, I’ll link to that post at that time.
Fine print! All rules of the contest are solely at my discretion. I can cancel the contest at any time. All contest disputes are solved by me and me alone. Entries to this contest imply agreement to these terms. I feel kind of sad that I have to post such a thing as a trailer to a giveaway, but these are the times we live in.